There is no denying that Bangalore is a city, wherein you can always find something of interest to participate in, or simply watch. After all, life can become quite stressful in a high-tech environment, and you need to relax with some upcoming events in Bangalore.
- Dastangoi: This should prove to be an extremely illuminating experience for those of you, who wish to relive the story-telling days of childhood. The title is Persian in origin, meaning tell (goi) a tale (dastan). The event is to be held Chowdiah Memorial Hall on March 6, 2015. Lean back in your seat and watch, transfixed, as the performers on stage depict tales of magic, adventure, romance and warfare.
- Heads and Tales: Do you have young children at home, four years and older? They will adore the weekly story-telling event organised at Rangasthala Auditorium on March 8, 2015. The group of wonderfully innovative members from the Bangalore Storytelling Society or BBS leave no stone unturned, in order to make every simple folklore, fable, fantasy, fairy tale and personal experience appear magically captivating and enchanting to the listening audience. They are gloriously passionate about their job; there is no doubt about it.
- Biweekly Photowalk: Is a camera your best friend? If you are an ardent photographer, present yourself at the west gate of Lal Bagh on March 8, 2015. It does not matter if you are an amateur or a seasoned professional; you will love mingling with like-minded artists from varied backgrounds. Apart from the education that you will receive from Mother Nature, you will also receive valuable recommendations regarding workshops, techniques, art exhibitions, digital technology, and the like. Do not let go off this opportunity.
- Musical Events – March 6, 2015: Let us begin with the Disco Holi event being organised at the Chancery Pavilion by Radio Fever, which sets out to combine delectable foodstuffs and beverages, non-stop musical entertainment provided by famed DJs, the rain dance and a crazy pool party, all into one package lasting from 12 noon to 12 AM. You want to get high; this is the place to be! Alternatively, you may tap your feet to the tunes belted out by DJ Sameer Zaine or the well-known Rohan Kapoor. Browse the concertin website for details. Finally, there is “Sammohanam”, a superb jugalbandi between two experienced, talented and wonderfully creative artists named Malavika Sarukka and Aruna Sairam. The former is a Bharata Natyam dancer, while the latter is a Carnatic singer.
- Absolute Beginners: MAC Cosmetics invites to Old Madras Road on March 7, 2015, to master the art of makeup. It is a marvellous opportunity to learn all about highlighting the positive aspects of your face and hiding the flaws.
Bangalore is a favourite venue for varied sports events too. They are not only for professionals, but also for novices and amateurs. For instance, women having a fair knowledge about badminton may aspire to take part in the Open Women’s Badminton Championship to be held on March 7 and 8, 2015. You can also download mobile app for free to get more information on events scheduled in Bangalore.
Author’s bio: The writer loves to observe the diverse flavours of the garden city and offer her recommendations. The team at eventshigh is grateful for her inputs regarding upcoming events at Bangalore.